What is VPN technology; how does it “liberate” you on the internet? Here is our very special VPN file!
You’ve heard the term VPN (Virtual Private Network) more than once, but you haven’t needed to use it so far. Or you didn’t want to bother because you didn’t know how to use it. In this article we will talk about how VPN works, why you need it, paid and free VPN services and what they offer.
What is VPN?
VPN, which is the abbreviation of Virtual Private Network, is basically a group of computers installed on the internet. This private computer network can be used to access network resources, for example by an outside person who does not have physical access to a local network. VPNs are also used to encrypt and secure the connection when connecting to untrusted networks. In addition, VPNs can be located in different locations, so you are free from country restrictions (such as banned websites and IPs).
Because your connection to VPNs is encrypted, and all data you send and receive is encrypted, prying eyes cannot see what you are doing.
Then why doesn’t everyone use VPN?
For a good, fast and uninterrupted VPN service, you usually have to pay a monthly fee. Because your connection will be routed through a different computer, in most cases it may not be as fast as your normal Internet connection. However, when you surpass them, you may find that the benefits outweigh the cons.
Is VPN required for you?
A VPN is responsible for connecting you to a network that you normally cannot connect to. VPN is used for several different purposes:
- To access the school or business network remotely. In this case, the VPN service is provided by the school or workplace.
- For access to prohibited websites. It allows you to access disabled websites because VPN servers can be located in different locations and send and encrypt data.
- For legal or illegal downloads such as torrent download. VPNs are the only way to provide true security in Bittorrent.
- To increase privacy and security. To protect all your communications and connections from prying eyes, you need to use a service like VPN. When you connect to an unencrypted network in a café, you won’t be affected by the vulnerabilities of the insecure network through VPN.
- To use country-specific services. For example, the US special Netflix is normally not possible to use from Turkey.
- The reason for using VPN may be several of the above.